Friday 15 February 2013

To Unpack or Not To Unpack

So there seems to be two schools of thought regarding a makeup artist's kit.

Many suggest that unpacking is the way to go.  This works especially works well when you have a busy backstage, and need to have all your kit spread out, and ready to go.  Some suggest that keeping it within a kit that you don't need to unpack as much is better.  This works when you have a tight space to work in.

I'm kind of in the middle.  I have most of my kit organized in a box, so I could work straight from it if I really had to.  That said, I do like having some of my kit out when I'm in a working frenzy.  Having my colours ready to dip into really helps on days when I start forgetting the number of faces I've worked on.  ^_~

Mini Review:
To keep my kit organized and compact, I prefer multi-use items, like chubby sticks.  These are great for lips, and eyes.  I especially like them as eyeshadow bases.  My faves right now are the NYX pencils, the Urban Decay pencils, and the NARS velvet gloss pencils.  All of these deliver great colour, are easy to sharpen and really help to give great impact on a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment